Saturday, April 28, 2018

Smoke and Mirrors

But, I should say, windows and doors. As a homeowner, windows and doors have been the bane of my existence. But, from a metaphorical (and literal) perspective, they retain their place.
One door closes, another opens. This is my window to the world. The eyes are the window to the soul. Don't let the door hit you in the ass. Doors and windows. Openings. Gotta level them.
"Storm Windows" by John Prine is a cagey little song. In my interpretation, the storm windows are his (my) eyes. My eyes as storm windows. Perfect. A storm brews underneath and externally. When I look through my eyes (how else?), I see the storm on the outside, yet I'm communicating from the storm within.
If you own a home or ever have, you might have outsourced work. I tend not to. And doors and windows constitute, in my opinion, some of the biggest pains in the fucking ass for a homeowner. Do they also constitute challenges otherwise?
Shim that door, shim that window. I walk through the door. We all need a little shoring up.
So I look out the window before I walk out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment