Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Love Song

My mother used to sing me a little ditty, apparently a version of an old folk song. The song apparently went something like this:

Oh, you dirty little devil,
Does your mother know you're out,
With your pants wide open
And your pecker hanging out?

Then there's the sanitized version:

Oh, you dirty little bugger,
Does your mother know you're out,
With a hole in your pocket
And your shirttail out?

And my mother's version, kind of like a love song to her baby boy:

Oh, you dirty little nigger,
Does your mother know you're out,
With a holey in your britches
And your shirttail out?

6 comments:

  1. I heard it as follows:
    Oh ya dirty little devil
    Does your momma know you're out?
    With your hands in your pockets
    And your fanny stickin out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey little hoochie does your momma know you're out with a hole in your britches and your money hanging out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. Griselda Type Beats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you dirty little pig
    does your Mother know your out, with your pants unbuttoned and your shirt tail out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom's version of this was Oh you dirty little piggy does your mama know your out with a hole in your britches and your hiney sticking out. Always wondered if there was more to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom always sang to my kids, You dirty little devil, does your mother know you're out with holes in your stockings and your toesies sticking out.

    ReplyDelete